January 29, 2011

A Struggle

It’s paramount to me
that I’m seen.  So why
can’t I look in the mirror
and feel noticed?  Why
the fuck do I split into
two when I walk through
a crowded room?  The
insecure babbler inside
my head, and the breathing
consciousness estimating
how many times I break
a social law as I drag ass
across the room.  Oh,
For Shame!  Why do
people claim the opposite
happens to them?  How
does one calculate what’s
truly opposite versus what’s
meant to happen?  Which is
the opposite sex?  It depends.
Why the hell do I expect me
to receive a once in a life
time chance? You know, to
be published.  Perhaps
because every day is a once
and a lifetime dream.  Jesus
Christ, I almost died in an
overdose or two.  The reason I feel
invalidated in a mirror is the
age old vanity retardant.  Hell,
I should get props in the honesty
department. If you used to know
me…

No comments:

Post a Comment